Frequently Asked Questions
Your products have the electrical wiring on the bottom right hand side of the towel warmer; can you order the unit with the wiring on the left hand side?
- Yes, it is possible for the following collections:
- The JEEVES and TRADITIONAL can be wired on the left in-house by special order
- The Italian towel warmers (ANTUS, QUADRO, SIRIO, and VEGA) are Special Order items that have a 10-14 week lead time
Who do you sell to?
- We sell to Kitchen & Bath Showrooms, Plumbing Houses and Online Retailers. We do not sell direct to the consumer, nor do we sell to Architects, Designers or Contractors. If you would like to find a retailer, please contact us and we would be happy to provide you with a local retailer.
Do we certify your products? Why?
- Our products are certified by Underwriter Laboratory (UL) and Intertek (ETL) – approved for use throughout USA & Canada.
- Product certification is the result of an independent, third party testing and certification process. Certified products provide credible evidence that they comply with standards for safety and performance.
Do the Towel Warmers come with Switches?
- Our Italian Towel Collections (ANTUS, ELORY, QUADRO, SIRIO, and VEGA) come with a Digital Heat Controller (except Q2016 & S2121) that has a built in on/off button. The Q2016 and S2121 will come with a simple push button on/off switch
- The JEEVES and TRADITIONAL Collections do not come with a built-in switch. We offer separate switches/timers that allow you to place it in the most convenient position for your application. It also enables you to match the switch to the other fittings and décor of the room. These units work with our 7day/24hr programmable timer (ATW-T24) or the simple rocker pilot switch (ATW-S-W/A). We have a double-gang faceplate (JEEVES ONLY) that allows you to install the switch or timer next to the unit.
- The RADIANT, SOLO and SWIVEL collections come with integrated on/off switches on the unit.
What is the best way to place a towel on a towel warmer?
- We recommend folding your towel in half or thirds, depending on how large your towel is, and drape it over the top bar so the towel hangs down evenly on either side. This allows you to maximize the surface area contact between the towel and bars.
- We do not recommend weaving the towel through the bars because this only utilizes half of the surface area of the bars.
How long do your towel warmers take to heat up?
- Our Italian collections (ANTUS, ELORY, QUADRO, SIRIO, and VEGA) take about 10–20 minutes to heat up, regardless of the size.
- The JEEVES and TRADITIONAL collection takes between 30–45 minutes to heat to its top temperature, depending on the size.
- The RADIANT, SOLO and SWIVEL collections take about 1-–20 minutes to heat up.
- Note: The ambient temperature, the size of the room, etc can have an effect on this time. Amba Products is unable to give an approximate time of how long a towel(s) will take to dry. This time will vary depending on numerous variables.
How do your towel warmers work?
- ANTUS, ELORY, QUADRO, SIRIO and VEGA models heat by way of a new patented technology that uses thick cables that heat up, throughout the unit (both vertical and horizontal bars).
- JEEVES and TRADITIONAL models have a liquid (Glycol & Water mixture) and heating element inside the unit. The heating element heats up the liquid, in turn heating the bars.
- RADIANT, SOLO and SWIVEL models use a resistance wire that heats the bars
What finishes are available?
- JEEVES: Polished SS, Brushed SS, Oil Rubbed Bronze, and White
- QUADRO & SIRIO: Polished SS, Brushed SS and Oil Rubbed Bronze
- ANTUS, ELORY VEGA, FREESTANDING and SWIVEL: Polished SS and Brushed SS
- TRADITIONAL collection is offered in 1 finish: Polished Nickel
- All finishes are the same price for any model
What is the difference between an electric and a hydronic towel warmer?
- An ELECTRIC towel warmer is heated by an electrical heating system (see ‘how do our towel warmers work?’ above for difference in the heating process) that heats the bars. Electric units can be installed anywhere there is an electrical source. They are very simpler to install, and can be used all year round. All models offered come standard in the electric version.
- A HYDRONIC unit is heated by hot water via a radiator system or boiler. The hydronic unit is controlled by a valve that lets the hot water flow through the towel warmer, heating it and consequently the towels. The down side of the hydronic system is that when the radiator system or boiler is not in use the towel warmers cannot be used. Please see the custom section below for more details on hydronic units.
What is the main purpose of a towel warmer?
- Towel warmers have a variety of uses and applications. They are primarily used to heat towels and bathrobes so they are warm when drying off after a shower or leaving the pool/beach/spa.
- After a towel is used, the towel warmer will dry it out. This helps to prevent them from giving off that musty/moldy smell they can produce when not dried properly. It also reduces laundry loads and water consumption, as the towels won’t need to be washed as frequently.
What if the Towel Warmer is too cold/hot?
- JEEVES Collection: If the towel warmer is too cold for your liking, you can leave it on for longer periods of time. Do not use 15/30/60min timers, as they will not allow sufficient time for the unit to heat to its top temperature. If the unit has been on for at least an hour and is cold to the touch (i.e. little to no heat) you should contact our customer service department for troubleshooting. The Jeeves units are supposed to heat to 145°F – 154°F with an internal security cut-off at 158°F; this unit is equipped with an internal thermostat that is not adjustable. You should be able to grab and hold onto the bars without burning the skin, while still feeling very hot to the touch.
- Italian Collection (ELORY, QUADRO, SIRIO, VEGA, and ANTUS): If the towel warmer is too hot for your preference, the Digital Heat Controller (standard on all models except Q 2016/S2121; see accessories below) allows you to adjust the heat level with 9 settings. These collections top temperature ranges between 131° – 167°F. If the units do not heat at all, you should contact the customer service department for troubleshooting.
- RADIANT and SOLO Collections: These collections heat up to a top temperature of 149°F. It is not possible to adjust the temperature settings.
- SWIVEL Collection: These units heat up to a top temperature of 136°F, and it is not possible to adjust the temperature setting.
Can towel warmers be used outdoors?
- The concern with installing a towel warmer outdoors is the exposure to the elements, notably rain, snow, condensation or ice. If there is a possibility that water can get behind the faceplate and into the electrical wiring it can cause the unit to short circuit. If the unit is properly installed in a covered location, it could be protected and not face any problems, but there is always a risk.
- If the unit is wired in a covered pool area, we recommend using outdoor weather-proof wire connectors such as those by Ideal Industries (www.idealindustries.com) and sealing the faceplate with silicone and/or the use of a single-gang box gasket.
- If you are within a close proximity to the beach, or salty water/air, we strongly recommend protecting your towel warmer from these conditions. Frequently cleaning the unit to remove any salt residue or buildup is highly recommended to preserve the look and finish.
- We do have a FREESTANDING towel warmer, the SOLO, which comes with a cord and plug that can be used outdoors when wanted, and then brought indoors when it is no longer needed.
How does the warranty process work?
- For any towel warmer that you believe has a warranty issue, we recommend that you take some preliminary steps prior to sending the unit back to us to have it inspected. We recommend that you bypass all switches and wire the unit to a 3-prong plug and plug it directly into the wall (an extension cord should be used if no outlet is within close proximity). If the unit begins to heat properly, then it was a bad connection or faulty wiring/switch (Q 2016 or S2121) that has caused the problem.
- If the unit is still not functioning accordingly, then please contact customer service and they will help you with your problem. To expedite the warranty procedures, please have a copy of your order confirmation or proof of purchase available.
Can a Towel Warmer be left on constantly? Do they consume a lot of energy? Are they safe to use?
- The JEEVES units have a built in thermostat and internal thermal cutout for optimal energy consumption and safety. Once the unit reaches the ideal operating temperature, it then cycles itself to maintain this temperature. This allows them to be left on continuously, only drawing power to maintain the ideal temperature range. If for any reason it overheats, there is an internal safety cutout that will shut off the unit. A switch should always be added so the units can be switched off when not in use.
- The ANTUS, ELORY, QUADRO, SIRIO & VEGA models come equipped with the Digital Heat Controller (except the Quadro Q 2016 and Sirio S2121). The Digital Heat Controller allows the user to adjust the unit within 9 settings, with level 9 being the highest. If the towel warmer is going to be turned on continuously with a towel, we recommend setting it on no higher than level 7. If you have it on a programmable timer for only a couple hours at a time, any setting can be used. The programmable timer will also help reduce power consumption.
- For all other collections, once the units reach their top temperature, they will remain at that temperature and won’t fluctuate. You may add a timer to the units to better control energy consumption while still maintaining full use of the towel warmer (see accessories section below for more information on these items).
- The units should be installed by a certified electrician according to the local electrical code. Most wiring in bathrooms today are already GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) equipped, which is an inexpensive electrical device that prevents the risk of electrocution.
What differentiates Amba's Towel Warmers from similar products?
- Amba’s mission is to deliver high quality products at an affordable price. Our products are made from solid 304 Stainless Steel, not mild steel. Further, our products are not plated and will not flake, a common problem amongst chrome or nickel-plated materials. Only our Traditional Collection is made of nickel plated brass, due to a demand for more traditional styling and materials.
- The majority of our Amba Towel Warmers are made with high quality Italian heating technology.
- Amba has fastest and most efficient cable heating systems available for towel warmers, designed & made in Italy.
- Amba offers a wide range of styles, sizes and finishes of Towel Warmers. If we do not have anything that matches your desire, we also have Custom Sizes (please see custom section below).
- Amba has very competitive pricing.
- We pride ourselves on customer service and satisfaction. We will always go above and beyond to make you happy and satisfied with your product. If you have a question or problem, please reach out to us and we will be happy try and help you out.
Are Towel Warmers only for bathrooms?
- No! Towel warmers can be used in almost any type of application. We offer an expansive collection of towel warmers that can double as space heaters.
- They can be used in Mud rooms, Saunas, Spas, Pool Houses, Kitchens, Garages, Basements, on Boats, or in any room that may need additional heat.
- In some cases, they may also act as the sole source of heat in a room; for example – a finished basement where dropping the ceiling to add central heating/air is not possible or too costly.
Are there additional uses for a towel warmer?
- They can be used to dry women’s delicates that cannot be tumble dried (with our digital heat controller accessory).
- Dry wet boots, jackets, gloves or shoes by hanging them on robe hooks.
- Help bathrooms stay warm, dry, mold, mildew and humidity free. Some models also double as radiators or space heaters.
Do you have Custom and Special Order Units?
- Looking for a more unique look, style, shape or size? We also offer Custom Towel Warmers available in our QUADRO, ELORY, SIRIO, VEGA and ANTUS collections – available in polished and brushed finish.
- For customers who would like the electrical wiring on the bottom left hand side of our Italian Collections (QUADRO, SIRIO, VEGA and ANTUS) this can be done but it is a special order item.
- For customers who desire the Hydronic version, we offer all our Italian Collection and Jeeves Collection in Hydronic variation. These are considered Special Orders and carry a 10-14 week lead time.
- ALL Custom Size & Special Order items require a 100% deposit prior to placing the order. All custom and special order items carry a 10-14 week lead-time beginning on the date the deposit is received by Amba Products.